Wine Weekend Contest
Sweepstakes Official Rules
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- Andrew Peller Limited (the "Sponsor") "Win A Wine Country Weekend Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") will begin on October 16, 2013 at 12:00:01 am ET and will end on April 15, 2014 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the "Sweepstakes Closing Date") (between the starting date and the Sweepstakes Closing Date, "Sweepstakes Period").
- Before entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant must review and agree to be bound by the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations as set out below. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations, and accept the decisions of the independent Sweepstakes judging organization and Sweepstakes Sponsor as final and binding in all respects.
- The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of Ontario who have reached the legal drinking age. Employees, sales representatives, agents, shareholders, officers, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors and directors and the advertising or promotional agencies of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, participating wineries and restaurants, and those with whom the above are domiciled, are not eligible to enter. This Sweepstakes is void outside the jurisdictions listed above and where prohibited by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant automatically consents, to receive future marketing and promotional information from Sponsor and to the extent permitted by law, to the use of his or her name, image, voice, likeness, city of residence and/or photographs without compensation in any publicity or advertising carried out in any medium worldwide by the Sweepstakes Sponsor and/or its advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification. In the event you wish to enter the Sweepstakes but do not want to receive future marketing materials please opt-out at www.thirtybench.com.
How to Enter Online
- Complete the Sweepstakes ballot by hand at any participating winery store and deposit in the ballot box before the Sweepstakes Close Date.
- Complete the Sweepstakes ballot on a participating restaurant comment card and give it to your server before the Sweepstakes Close Date for a chance to win.
- Limit one entry per day per person/email address by any method. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a "day" shall mean 12:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET.
- All eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period will be entered in a random drawing.
- All entries must be received by the Sweepstakes Closing Date. If it is discovered that an entrant has entered this Sweepstakes more than the permitted number of times per day, including submitting multiple entries using different email addresses, ALL entries submitted by that entrant for the entire Sweepstakes Period will be void.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, mechanically re-produced, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Sweepstakes Rules shall be disqualified.
- The Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, illegible, inaudible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, damaged, altered, or destroyed entries.
- All entries become the sole property of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, and will not be returned.
Two (2) winners will receive the Grand Prize. Each Grand Prize consists of one (1) double occupancy (luxury) hotel room for one (1) nights at White Oaks Resort and Spa. Winner and guest must travel to Niagara-on-the-lake before six months from the day of the applicable prize draw. No alternative travel dates are available or prize will be forfeited. All travel subject to availability and restrictions. Total Approximate Retail Value = $1050.00 CDN. Any difference between the stated approximate value and the actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
- Each prize winner and his/her travel companion, will be responsible for their own transportation to and from Niagara-on-the-lake, and for obtaining any required travel and health documents, gratuities, applicable taxes, incidentals, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned above. Any unused portion of the prize value is forfeited. Winner and travel guest must travel on the same itinerary. Travel companies must be of legal drinking age in Ontario and must sign and return a travel release before any hotel booking occurs.
- All taxes, gratuities, and any other expenses connected with the Prize not specifically mentioned above are winner's sole responsibility.
- The Sweepstakes Sponsor, in case of unavailability of any prize, reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize for a prize of equal or greater value. The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes, and randomly award the prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken by Sponsor, should fraud, virus, bugs, or other reasons beyond the control of Sweepstakes Sponsor corrupt the security, proper play of the game, or administration of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the Grand Prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Except as identified above, no substitutions will be made. Prizes may not be sold, transferred or assigned, and no cash redemptions will be made.
- The Draws: On or about 2:00 pm ET, in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, on April 15, 2014 and October 15, 2014 two separate random drawings for the Prizes will be conducted by a designated employee of the Sweepstakes Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the time of the draw. Unselected entries from the first draw will be eligible for the second draw. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time of the draw. Maximum one prize per person.
- The selected entrants will be notified by e-mail or phone within approximately one (1) day after the draw ("Notification"). The Sweepstakes Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any inaccurate or incorrect information provided to it, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or that results in any way from the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. By entering, you agree that if you are a selected entrant that is disqualified and a prize is forfeited for any reason, the Sweepstakes Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive Notification.
- Upon Notification, if the selected entrant is a Canadian resident, he or she must, unaided, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. In the event that the selected entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question correctly, the Sweepstakes Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify said entrant and to randomly draw another eligible entry, and the Sweepstakes Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- If the selected entrant is not eligible or does not otherwise meet the requirements as set out in the Sweepstakes Rules, the Sweepstakes Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for purposes of awarding the prize, and the Sweepstakes Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing: (a) to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers and agents, including, without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, the prize suppliers, the independent Sweepstakes judging organization ("Promotional Parties") from any and all liability, injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons or property, including but not limited to death, resulting in whole or in part directly or indirectly from the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of the awarded Prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity including any travel related thereto, or participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
- By being selected as the potential winner of the Sweepstakes, the selected entrant agrees to sign and return the following to the independent Sweepstakes judging organization within seven (7) days of Notification:
- A form affirming eligibility and compliance with all Sweepstakes Rules ;
- A liability release form releasing the Sweepstakes Sponsor, their directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation their advertising and promotion agencies, the prize suppliers, the independent Sweepstakes judging organization from all liability arising from or relating to the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of the awarded Prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity including any travel related thereto, or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- A publicity release form, if permitted by law, granting the Sweepstakes Sponsor to use the winner's name, image, voice, likeness, city of residence and/or photographs without compensation in any publicity or advertising carried out in any medium worldwide by the Sweepstakes Sponsor and/or its advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification, unless prohibited by law.
If potential winner fails to submit the above within the given time period, the Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for the purpose of awarding the prize (time permitting), and the Sweepstakes Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- The Sweepstakes Sponsor shall not be liable for any human or technical errors that may arise or occur in connection with the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of the entries.
- The Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sweepstakes Sponsor as a result of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, any injury or damage to the entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading or accessing any materials in this Sweepstakes.
- The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and municipal laws and regulations.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that the courts of the Province of Ontario, Canada shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provision of these Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations or the running of this Sweepstakes. The entrant hereby irrevocably attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario.
Andrew Peller Limited
1249 Niagara Stone Road
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON LOS 1J0